New to CodePlex and EPPlus and need starting help

May 10, 2010 at 3:57 PM
I'm new to CodePlex so I'm not sure how to use everything here. I downloaded the .chm file and with help have it working. Now I need to know what to do next. I downloaded the EPPlus 2.6.0.1 binary and the 58544 source. What I need to know now is where does the binary need to be located? I assume I'll need a simple reference to the binary in order to use it in a project but does it need to be in the GAC? If my project has copy local selected does this mean the library doesn't need to be installed on the server? I downloaded the source mainly as a learning project so that can wait.
May 10, 2010 at 6:23 PM
Edited May 10, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I added the reference to the .dll (binary) to the bin folder. But you can just right click on your project name and click add reference, then on the browse tab go to the .dll file.  In C# add the following statement to the top of your code behind:

using OfficeOpenXml;

I would also recommend downloading the sample. Just extract and open the solution (.sln) with visual studio.

http://epplus.codeplex.com/releases/view/42439#DownloadId=112318

May 10, 2010 at 8:18 PM
I downloaded the sample and looked at it. I was able to easily figure out adding the references to my project based on what I saw in the sample project. I'm supposed to use VB.Net but translation is really easy so I'm pretty excited about this. Thanks!