Web Export to Excel 2010

Jun 24, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Hi,

I am trying to export data from my SQL server through a Web page to Excel 2010, I have setup my project similar to that described on the CodePlex web page. The data collection seems to work correctly an it exports directly to excel. The issue I have is that as Excel opens the file I get an error message "Excel found unreadable content in 'Sample2-12.xlsx. Do you want to recover the contents of the WorkBook?"

By selecting Yes the file continues to load in excel then a popup window shows stating that Excel was able to open the file by either repairing or deleting the unreadable content.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure whats wrong here, but have a closer look at any formula or number format you have. There is no validation of formulas or numberformats, so if you get it wrong you will get this error message. Try to find the row causing the error by comment code out until you dont get any error message. If you cant see any obvious error, report it here and i will have a look.

Jan

Jun 27, 2010 at 10:28 PM
Edited Jun 27, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Hi,

The issue has been resolved, Still do not know what was causing the issue (Googling I found similar issues with Windows7 and office 2007), I am running it on Windows 7 with Office 2010. Once I deployed the site and tried the download it worked perfectly and since that time my local copy has been working correctly as well.

I have one additional question though is it possible to save the excel download as Excel 2003?

Thanks

Peter.

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Hi,

No, this component is for ooxml-->xlsx only. You have to install the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack to use it in Excel 2003.

If you need xls, have a look at the NPOI project

Jan

Jun 29, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the update. That will be fine using Office 2007 format.

Thanks

Peter.