This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Dynamically add drop down list

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:54 PM

I need to be able to dynamically add drop down lists to a column in a spreadsheet that I am creating.  It only needs to be a simple drop down with a few values in it.  In a previous post you said this is not supported and to use templates.  I need to find a way to do this without using templates.  Can you at least point me in right direction on how to add support for the drop down myself?

Coordinator
Mar 17, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Hi,

You can't do that i version 2.8, but you can download the latest source and have a look at the datavalidation (sample 11). It's not 100% done yet, so be aware that the interface might change.

Jan

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Hi there,

If I use a drop down from a template I am assuming that I will not be able to edit the values in the dropdown..? Any ideas when the ability to create a dropdown programmatically will be available..?

Cheers

Rolf

Developer
Mar 28, 2011 at 12:56 PM
gmhamm0 wrote:

I need to be able to dynamically add drop down lists to a column in a spreadsheet that I am creating.  It only needs to be a simple drop down with a few values in it.  In a previous post you said this is not supported and to use templates.  I need to find a way to do this without using templates.  Can you at least point me in right direction on how to add support for the drop down myself?

As Jan wrote, you will hopefully be able to do this with the latest source code. Have a look at sample 11 and the method AddListValidationValues.

Developer
Mar 28, 2011 at 1:01 PM
kangarolf wrote:

Hi there,

If I use a drop down from a template I am assuming that I will not be able to edit the values in the dropdown..? Any ideas when the ability to create a dropdown programmatically will be available..?

Cheers

Rolf

You will be able to create dropdowlists programmatically in the next version, when datavalidations has been released. I dont know exactly when that is going to be, but probably during the spring.

DataValidations are available if you download the latest source and compile it yourself, but we are not done with testing yet.