This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Empty value in cell with formula in office 2010

Oct 16, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Hi, I need help

When you assign a formula to a cell value is empty in office 2010. When I edit the cell shows the value

As I do so that I can show me the result in the cell.

The version I use is EPPlus 2.9.0.1

In office 2007 works perfect

Thanks

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2011 at 6:03 AM

EPPlus does not calculate formulas, so you have to make sure you set Excel up to calculate formulas when loading a workbook.

Feb 12, 2013 at 4:46 PM
I have a somewhat related question. I have a template file with summation formulas in it that I use to create another spreadsheet with. The formulas copy correctly into the new spreadsheet. If the newly copied spreadsheet only has 1 tab, the values from the formulas show up correctly, but if the spreadsheet has more than 1 tab, the formulas are in the cells exactly the way they should be, but the values don't show up-they are blank. So there are no errors, but in a multi-tab spreadsheet the totals don't show up, even though the formulas are present in exactly the same way (as far as I can tell) as they are in the single-tab spreadsheet, where the totals do show up.

I can't tell why this is occuring. I'm doing this in memory, without persisting the spreadsheet until all of the tabs have been created.

I notice that when I open the spreadsheet in Excel I can 'F2' on the cell that has a formula but is not displaying a value, and then it will calculate it. Is there a way to find a formula through EPPlus and 'F2' before persisting the file.

Another thing that might be relevant: I am opening these files in Excel 2003 with the compatibility pack. I'm not sure if the values would show up in later versions of Excel.

Thanks.

Laura
Feb 12, 2013 at 5:00 PM
If you have or create a hotmail account you have access to Skydrive which has a web version of Excel you can also use for testing.