VB.net

Aug 30, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Is there any possibility that sometime in the future you might supply the samples in vb.net as well?

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2012 at 6:49 AM

No, It's just to much work to keep them both up to date for me, but there are several tools that converts between c# and VB.Net (But i'm not sure about the quality of the code)...

For example this one ... http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/

Sep 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Thank you for your reply.  First I should say thank you for the time and effort you have put into this.  This package is fantastic.  I often run into cases where I need to do simple reads and writes to an Excel sheet.  I have used various classes I have found on CodeProject for the vary basic and used Interop for everything else.  This code alleviates the need for any other code.

It is too bad you don't have the time to produce both C# and VB.net samples.  There are a lot of VB.net programers out there.  I will have to try out your suggested converter and compare the results to the one I use.

Acutally, I have a converter, InstantVB, which I have been using for a couple of years.  It does a very good job and the developers are quick to respond to any anomalies found in the conversion; often in the same day.

I ran your samples through the converter.  There were a few minor descrepancies I was able to fix quickly.  However, Samples 12 and 13 are beyond my experience to fix.

On all the other samples I ran both your original C# code and the converted code, then compared the spreadsheets.  I did not do a line-by-line comparison but enough that I am confident they were identical.

Again thank you.