This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

InvalidOperationException: FIPS

Sep 21, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Hi -

I am getting this error when trying to save a package:

InvalidOperationException: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.

It is a workbook with four worksheets.  It was saving fine with test data, but when I added the production data - not that much more - this error occurred.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Blair

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Is there any news on this? I've tried changing all the SHA1Managed references to SHA1CryptoProviders and I'm still getting the FIPS error.
Apr 11, 2013 at 3:17 PM

We no longer use EPPlus. There were too many little things like this that got in the way.

Blair Gibb

Business Intelligence Analyst

Analytics

x3299

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, and any attachments, are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally privileged. Any unauthorized disclosure, distribution, or use of this information is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and any attachments. Your compliance is appreciated.

Aug 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Edited Aug 27, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Anyone find a resolution to this or can at least provide me with more info on it.

I have a console application that uses EPPlus to generate Excel documents from our database to mail to users. It is scheduled on the server. The server is required by security regulations to have the FIPS compliant flag enabled. It runs fine on my development box (where FIPS compliance is not enforced) but I get this InvalidOperationException error when it runs on the server (where FIPS compliance IS enforced). Oddly it doesn't error out on the first job and does manage to send 3 spreadsheets before throwing this exception on the fourth. I'm not sure why the error doesn't occur in the first 3 (does it only use the invalid encryption if the file is over a certain size or something?). Any help would be appreciated.

Also, at no point are we password protecting any of the generated spreadsheets. I'm not sure why any encryption would be used at all.

Just out of curiosity bgibb, what solution did you move to to avoid this issue?