This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Purple cells/Normal format

Sep 26, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Hi!

After updating to 3.1.1 most of my cells turned purple :) Looks like the "Normal" style is messed up by default? Any ideas?

Looks like this: http://www.greencon.se/purple.jpg

Thx!

//johan

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Edited Sep 26, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Not sure if you're having the same issue we did, but if you're in a hurry, do what we did and extract Normal style in ExcelStyles.cs by using

var normal = NamedStyles.First(x => x.Name == "Normal");

I think EPPlus assumes that normal is the first style, but if it isn't, things get a bit messy. We inserted the above line just before line 470 in ExcelStyles.cs in the EPPlus source and we got rid of our weird style (in our case it was Visited Hyperlink). Recompile and ref the new binary.

Again, not sure this helps, but it worked for us. 

After reading again I realize it wasn't quite the same issue, but I suppose you could edit the normal style programmatically to get what you want. :) Sorry!

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Thanks for your reply, I solved it temporarily by using av white fill for all cells... so no hurry but annoying :)

But I'll give your fix a try the next time it happens and report back if it worked

Sep 26, 2012 at 5:53 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.