This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Unable to generate excels during parallel processing of jobs (thread)

Oct 29, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Hi,

I am unable to generate excels during parallel processing of jobs (thread). My file(s) size is more than 10mb and I will be generating multiple jobs. When I do this, the processing hangs or remains idle and won't generate excels.
In this regard, could you please let me know how I can achieve this functionality. Is there any code change that needs to be done to handle the above functionality.
Currently I am using EPPlus 3.1.2.0 version.
We are using the following EPPlus methods:
GetExcelAsByteArray()
Oct 29, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Hi,

Take a look at this thread link
Oct 29, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I have seen this post earlier but didn't find much of use. It talks about the below:
  1. Add a private static object to ExcelPackage and wrap the innards of the Save() method with a lock on the object.
    Query:- But in future releases of EPPlus this change is not a reliable one since every time I need to update it which is a pain.
In this regard, kindly request you to provide me more reliable fix.

Regards,
Chetarjee
Oct 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Chetarjee,

I'm talking about the other option. Please try our other branch with DotNetZip instead of Packing.IO, it isn't final release but there are few people using it and I didn't see any complains.

Regards,
Thiago
Oct 29, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Thiagao,

Is there any possibilities of including this change of DotNetZip instead of Packing.IO, in your future releases.

Regards,
Chetarjee
Oct 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Edited Oct 29, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Chetarjee,

Sorry, I don't have any info about EPPlus roadmap or future plans, only Jan or swmal can answer this. I´m just a user, like you, but I try to help as a forum moderator =)

Regards,
Thiago
Oct 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Thanks Thiago.