This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How can we insert DropDownList in Excel Sheet

Oct 23, 2015 at 10:29 AM
Hello Team,
     we are using EPPLus in our application and there is a need to add dropdownlist in excel sheet but we haven;t found clue for it anywhere. Came across the link which contans the same question and int the answer is states as "Read the [full discussion online](http://epplus.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=239587&ANCHOR#Post540560)." but this full discussion is not exists on the server.
Could you please provide any solution or any workaround for this?

Thank you so much in advance!!
Oct 23, 2015 at 12:19 PM
I have also the same problem , I want to add button , textbox and combobox into the xlx or xlsm. But currently I am unable to this with epplus. Please help me with this problem
Oct 23, 2015 at 2:07 PM
I followed this post the other day and was able to create a dropdown list - http://epplus.codeplex.com/discussions/275445?ProjectName=epplus
Oct 27, 2015 at 6:23 AM
Edited Oct 27, 2015 at 6:24 AM
Hi Jimpar,
Thanks for sharing the link here, I just tried the same code mentioned in above link into our web application but it's not working. 
This is how the data looks in excel sheet in individual cells-
B2- > Books
B3-> Magazines
C2-> Don Quixote
C3-> Robinson Carusoe
C4-> Jane Eyre
C5-> A Study In Scarlet
D2-> Time
D3-> Newsweek
D4-> MAD
D5-> PC World

Could you please guide me on this if you have any idea?
Oct 27, 2015 at 8:34 PM
If you hover over F2 you will see a dropdown arrow. click that and you will see Books and Magazines as choices. select one of them. Hover over G2 , click the dropdown and you will see choices based on what you selected in F2

Try typing in A1 and enter a non-date value. You will get the error message
Oct 28, 2015 at 5:02 AM
Hey Jimpar,
   Thank you so much for the detailed description. I can see the dropdowns now. Just curious about can we make it by default visible as a dropdown?
Oct 28, 2015 at 12:48 PM
You can set F2 to Books or Magazines at creation time