This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

New version coming?

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:55 PM
First of all, thanks to all the developers of this fantastic dll, it's being very useful!

One of the biggest know problems of all the existing excel libraries is the memory usage, especially when generating big files (>200 000 rows). The OutOfMemory exception is well known and EPPlus, although better then others, still cannot run away from them, but there is a fork, created by @kazy111 that drastically improves performance and memory usage and that has allowed me to create enormous files (>400 000 rows)!

http://epplus.codeplex.com/SourceControl/network/forks/kazy111/EPPMemoryOptimization/contribution/8725

I saw that there is a merge request and I think it was already approved but there is still no oficial release version?

Is there any prediction of when this will happen? It's very important to my company and, if necessary, we can release some resources to help you with whatever you need.

Please reply.

Kind regards,
Tiago
Developer
Jun 12, 2016 at 5:06 PM
Hi,

thank you for your kind words! We are working on a new minor version, but I cannot give you any estimations on when this will be released - we are currently evaluating pull requests and merging them into the main branch. You can always download and build the latest code your, the pull request by kazy111 has been approved and merged.

Best regards,

Mats
Jun 13, 2016 at 6:58 AM
Hi,

thank you for your answer. Good to know that there is some progress going on.

Due to stability and also future-proof reasons, we would prefer to use an oficial stable release, preferably via nuget so we can keep everything up-to-date.

We will wait for the new release, hope it doesn't take long.

Kind regards,
Tiago