This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Next version

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Hi all!

I plan to do a new release soon and would really appreciate if some of you could test your projects with the latest source.

Report any bugs, misspellings or other strange behaviour you find in this thread.

Feel free to try out the new features, if you like.

I have added Comments and Cell-Richtext. Ranges can now use more advanced addresses like multi (a1:a2,c1:c2), full row (1:1) or full column (A:A). A lot of new properties to Printersettings.

A lot of bugs has also been fixed (more than I have added I hope :) )

Thnx Jan

Editor
Jun 2, 2010 at 1:52 AM

u can count with me. =)

Jan, do u have plans to fully rewrite excel package code and make epplus LGPL ?

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Great!

Actually almost all code is rewritten already, but i think there are a few fragments left.

Still, a lot of the interface are shared (and i cant change that), so I dont know if rewriting the code allows me to change the license? I'm really no expert in GPL.

I send a mail to John (creator of Excelpackage) a few months ago to ask if I could change the license, but I hav'nt gotten any replay. So at the moment I really dont know.

Jun 2, 2010 at 6:22 PM
Edited Jun 2, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Jan, I will test it too. Did you get a chance to add the Copy worksheet method to the lib?

Jun 2, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I'm actually getting an exception when using  public ExcelWorksheet Add(string Name, ExcelWorksheet Copy)

PackageRelationship with specified ID does not exist for the source part.

Sample code:

var xlPackage = LoadTemplateFile(ModelViewFilename);
            var templateWs = xlPackage.Workbook.Worksheets["Template"];
            ExcelWorksheet worksheet = xlPackage.Workbook.Worksheets.Add("test", templateWs);

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Ok, i'll have a look at it

Jun 2, 2010 at 9:14 PM

If it's of any help, the exception is thrown in ExcelWorksheet.cs, line 1549, code:

PackageRelationship relPrinterSettings = Part.GetRelationship(relID);

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2010 at 7:59 AM

That's helpfull, I think the problem was the relationship to the printersettings.bin file. I have checked in a fix. Try it and see if it works.

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:36 PM
Edited Jun 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM
I am getting an error similar to what was reported here when trying to open a template. I am receiving a NullReferenceException on line 159 of ExcelWorkbook.cs. I was able to get the file to load properly by saving the template in a different format then resaving it as an xlsx file. If you want I can email you the two different templates so you can troubleshoot the error.
Jun 3, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Jan, I tried version 59488 and the problem is fixed. Thank you so much.