This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to Escape special characters?

Jul 19, 2010 at 6:40 PM

How can I, using EPPlus, make sure that ALL text I put into a cell is escaped (for example, someone accidentally had the following in a title field: "Domestic Violence and the Professional". Excel complained about the  and would not load the file until I got rid of it, saying that there was an invalid character in the sharedstrings.xml, line 139 col 29 (right before the ";" in the above title).

So, how can I make sure that, if anything like this happens again, excel won't choke?

Thanks,
Owen

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Sounds like a bug. I'll have a look at it when I get back from my vaccation

Jan 28, 2011 at 3:29 AM

I'm having the same issue. Is there any update?

Thanks in Advance.

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Hi,

I could not reproduce this bug. I'm not sure if this is the same problem as this issue...

http://epplus.codeplex.com/workitem/12706 

If not, can you provide me with a failing sample?

Jan

May 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Edited May 3, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Hi,

I found exception like this '', hexadecimal value 0x1F, is an invalid character while exporting to Excel 2007

I am using EPPlus version 3.0.0.2

if anybody know this type of issue reply me...

Thanking You

Sharandeep
May 30, 2013 at 12:37 PM
hi,

in database i have data like this: " May 30 11:15:16 minnie GQ¦ßŽu€ÃèHeW¡€ö¦Är®–K`:7Ùãº?Yœ> "
it contains several special characters.. when i export this data to excel (.xlsx) 2007 format using EPPlus 3.0.02 its creating excel file..

But the problem is when i tried to open the exported excel sheet its showing "Excel found unreadable content cant able to open the excel would you like to repair?

if i click Yes its opening excel sheet but data in particular cell that spl charactrs has to fill is showing blank..

whats is the solution for this?
Jun 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM
hi,

in database i have data like this: " May 30 11:15:16 minnie GQ¦ßŽu€ÃèHeW¡€ö¦Är®–K`:7Ùãº?Yœ> "
it contains several special characters.. when i export this data to excel (.xlsx) 2007 format using EPPlus 3.0.02 its creating excel file..

But the problem is when i tried to open the exported excel sheet its showing "Excel found unreadable content cant able to open the excel would you like to repair?

if i click Yes its opening excel sheet but data in particular cell that spl charactrs has to fill is showing blank..

whats is the solution for this?