This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Refresh Pivot Chart

Jul 29, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Hi,

First of all - great work! This is a very useful tool and I appreciate the effort.

I have used EPPlus to generate xlsx files based  on a template containing pivot charts. I populate a Sheet1 with dynamic data which is supposed to be used to display pivot charts in separate tabs. The data gets populated but the pivot charts do not reflect the new data - I have to manually right-click on any one of the charts and select "Refresh" which refreshes all of the charts. Any way to do this refresh from code?

Regards,

Kid.

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Hi,

There is no support for Pivot charts/tables in the current version, so I have not tried it.

I plan to add support for it in a future version, if it's not too complicated, but i'm not sure when that will happend.

Jan

Aug 2, 2010 at 2:40 PM
Jan, I found a fix for this. Right click on the pivot table and click PivotTable Options. Select the Data tab and check the option to refresh on opening the workbook. Save the template. Regards, Kid
May 6, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Hi Jan,

i am looking for a support to create a pivot chart using EPPlus. Could you help me out with a sample project or so...  Few topics that are available in excel object i am not able to see in EPPlus. I guess i am not lookin in right way.. Your help is appreciated.

need what object to be used as replacement for 'pivotcaches' in excel.

Thanks in advance..

Chandrasekhar.S

Coordinator
May 9, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Hi,

Version 2.8 don't support pivottable, but the next version will. Download the latest source (trunk) and check out sample 12 how to work with pivottables.

Next version is only a few weeks away, so please report any problem you find.

Jan

May 11, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply... I have seen the code in sample 12 and i am eagerly waiting for the new dll version to be released. With the current dll i am not able to use the below namespaces

OfficeOpenXml.Table.PivotTable
OfficeOpenXml.Drawing.Chart

How can i subscribe for the latest version release?

Thanks,
Chandrasekhar S
Coordinator
May 12, 2011 at 5:52 PM

If everything goes well with the testing version 2.9 will be released next week or the week after that.

Jun 23, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Hi Jan,

Congrats for the release of new version. I have tried working on this dll and was not able to find few details. Help me out how to solve this. I need to create a pivot table from a set of data that is available in another work sheet from same xlsx file which i am working. Could you help me with any sample code if you have any. 'Loadfromtext' is not working fine for me.

Chandrasekhar.S