This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Line - Column chart on 2 axes

Oct 13, 2010 at 1:17 PM
Edited Oct 13, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Hi All,

Firts of all, I want to thank you Jan for wonderfull job.

I`ve got a question: Is there any way to create column-line chart with two data series and two separate Y axes?

Someting like native excel Line - Column on 2 Axes.

Column -line type is not necessary, it could be line - line, etc.

This feature is a must for me.

BR

Oct 13, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Hi,

You can't create two Y axis from code, but you can create a template with a chart that has two Y-axis (if that is an option for you).

Jan

Oct 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Thanks for a quick reply, Jan.
Let`s say that I have dynamically created worksheet - I don`t know exactly how many tables or charts application will have to generate .
Or where will they be placed on the worksheet. It`s all depends on user.
Could I still use template to generate two axes in such a case?

I`m asking cause I don`t know if template determines position of chart, starting rows for data, etc.

Oct 15, 2010 at 7:44 AM

I guess you could create a template and copy the worksheet containing the chart and the position it (if you dont have multiple charts per sheet).

It not a good solution and I'm not sure if it will work.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to add multi Y-axis support to the library, but that is the best solution. I'm currently working on the charts, so I can have a look. If it's easy i'll add it.

Jan

Oct 15, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Thanks Jan. This type of chart is a basic for analytic work.

My temporary solution for this is pasting in worksheet pics coming from flash chart web control,

tables are still generating from epplus.

Client also decided to use bubble charts, but I`ve managed to change requirements to scatter ;)

I just want to use your awesome library.

Thanks again for your work.

Oct 15, 2010 at 11:43 PM
watcher01 wrote:

Thanks Jan. This type of chart is a basic for analytic work.

My temporary solution for this is pasting in worksheet pics coming from flash chart web control,

tables are still generating from epplus.

Client also decided to use bubble charts, but I`ve managed to change requirements to scatter ;)

I just want to use your awesome library.

Thanks again for your work.

Interesting regarding the flash chart web control. Which web control are you using and could you post a small code sample?

Ta

James