This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Reading XML

May 12, 2011 at 1:59 PM

in Excel, theres a way to Open or Map an XML file into excel. It does a lot behind the scenes - it formats the XML into a readable document, creates a schema etc.

I'm aware that working with this library means I'd have to do all this myself - or at least it seems this way.

I know you can read in an XML Document to a Data Set, and then put it in a Data Table, and then put it in a worksheet that way, but I wanted to ask for advice on the most streamlined way to, as best i can, duplicate this excel feature.  Perhaps there is something useful in the EPPlus project i'm overlooking, or I'm doing more work than necessary.

Anyways, any feedback is appreciated, and thank you for working on this invaluable project.

Coordinator
May 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Semyon is currently working on implementing Xml mapping in EPPlus, but it is not finished yet and it will not be included in the next version.

So at this point you have to do all the work reading the xml yourself.

May 12, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Excellent to hear!

I wish him the best in his endeavors.

Also, thank you for the quick reply.

When he is done, an already great project will be even better!

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Hi,

Did XML mapping make it in yet? I'd love to use that feature.

Thanks,

Matthew

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Any news about xml mapping???
anyone knows?
Mar 28, 2013 at 11:36 AM
jankallman wrote:
Semyon is currently working on implementing Xml mapping in EPPlus, but it is not finished yet and it will not be included in the next version. So at this point you have to do all the work reading the xml yourself.
what do you mean by saing -to do all the work reading the xml yourself.???