This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

LoadFromDataTable Performance

Dec 13, 2011 at 7:07 PM

First I'd like to say thank you for this great tool.

I write because I'm having some performance issues with the LoadFromDataTable method.  The majority of the time I have no problems with exporting various datagrids to excel using this tool.  That is, up to the point that the data table I'm now binding to has 12,000 rows, and 29 columns.  I understand that this is nearly 350K individual cells (all strings mind you, as this is an address/contact export), but my solution simply stays stuck on the LoadFromDataTable method. 

If I'm debugging, it never passes this method. I've sat and watched it for 30+ mins before.  If I don't debug, the page after 5+ mins or so stops 'cranking', it acts as if you didn't make the request to export to excel, and nothing gets written to my exception handler I have it wrapped in.

Anyone had experience loading this much data?  Anyone have this hanging up issue with the LoadFromDataTable method?

Dec 13, 2011 at 7:40 PM
Edited Dec 13, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Well it finally worked, but it took 22 minutes from the point it hits LoadFromDataTable to the time it moves on to the next line of code.  Any suggestions?  The old classic ASP version that just responded with the content type of vnd.ms-excel is able to take an HTML table and the same amount of data and export it within seconds

Any pointers to help out on performance?