Can EPP do this?

Feb 11, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I can't find this in the documentation and have been googling for hours, so I apologize if this is a simpleton question. Can EPP create an excel xlsx file, save it, then update it row by row as information is streamed to it?

Editor
Feb 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM

What do you mean by "update it row by row as informations is streamed" ? Epplus can create new files and update existing files. 

Feb 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Hi,

I cannot find an example of where EPP creates an excel document, creates a header row and saves it. Then after that, it comes back to the document and then inserts/updates a subsequent row of data, closes it, saves it. And then does that as much as the program wants to update it.

So it would look like:

creates/saves/closes --> updates subsequent row/saves/closes --> updates subsequent row/saves/closes --> updates subsequent row/saves/closes --> etc

Feb 17, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Does anyone have an example, or a link to instructions on how to open an excel document, write a line and then save/close it?

Editor
Feb 21, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I dont have any sample now, I´m on vacation, its carnival here in brazil hehehe, but its very simple! Just open your file as memorystream and pass to ExcelPackage constructor. =)

PS: look at this thread http://epplus.codeplex.com/discussions/256064

Mar 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM

There is a sample project in the Downloads section that contains many samples.