This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Cell Value on date column returns a decimal

Mar 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I've encountered something strange with EPPlus while reading cell values. I have a spreadsheet that has a column of dates. Every cell in this column points to a single field on another tab. On row three I access the value using ExcelWorkSheet.Cells[rowNum,cellNum].Value and the library returns the correct date. On the next row I again access the cell value with the same logic but I get the Decimal value returned of days since 1/1/1900.

When looking at the cell in question in Excel the value is ='Employer Entry'!$C$12 for cells. The referenced cell in the other sheet has a value of 12/23/2012. On the problematic iteration a value of 41266.0 is returned.

I've tried changing the formatting on the various cells to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I can provide a copy of the xls file if needed. Thank you!
Mar 12, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Ahh I was pointed to another post that seems to explain my problem: http://epplus.codeplex.com/discussions/255476 - sorry for the duplication.