Performance problems with adding pictures

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Hello,
I try to create a Excel file with almost 10.000 rows and 5-6 colunns. Each row contains a small Icon (16x16 png). Adding rows do not take too much time for the first 1000-1500 rows (just a few seconds). For the rest of rows, it takes many minutes, until the file is created-

Did anybody have the same Problem? Do you know the reason or solution of this Problem?

Thanks
Mat
Editor
Jul 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Maybe this can help u...

From Faq
I have a lot of data I want to load. What should I think of to get the best performance?
If you have more than, let's say 5 000 cells in the sheet and experience performance problems, have this in mind...
Always load cells from top to bottom left to right. That means that if you add a formula on the data you load, it's faster to add it for every row than to add it for a range after you have loaded the data (for ex. this will take a while,Worksheet.Cells"C1:C100000".Formula="A1+B1").
If you want to use a shared formula, like the sample, make sure you create the cells in sequence (use something like worksheet.Cellsrow,forumlaColumn.Value=null to create the cell. Then you can add the formula after you have finished loading your data.
Avoid using the InsertRow and DeleteRow methods.
http://epplus.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=FAQ&referringTitle=Documentation