How to read a Range of cells (e.g.A1:G30) from Excel file to GridView in ASP.NET with C# via EPPlus

Oct 9, 2015 at 2:51 PM
Edited Oct 9, 2015 at 2:52 PM
Good day,

I have been looking for a solution all over the last days and I found that this library EPPlus allows retrieving in the same time formatting besides the actual data, plus charts,if needed, from Excel files which is what I am aiming at the moment.

Could you please explain me step by step how to read a Range of cells from an Excel (like A1;P34) file that resides at a certain path , via ASP.NET/C#?
PATH would be something like //ServerName/Folder1/Folder2/Folder3/ExcelFileName.xlsx
I looked over the web, but there is not explicit documentation for my level of C# expertise on this. I tried several examples , but none displayed the Excel Range into the webpage. ( e.g this one http://funcodingbyme.blogspot.ro/2013/12/import-data-from-excel-sheet-into.html )

Note: the three examples I have tried all included an File Upload Control, I do not need such. I want to read the Excel file from a specified location over the local network.
Please do not yell at me, I have searched for and skimmed over the previous posts with "Read from Excel to ASP via EPPlus".I just could not find anything to make me understand.

Thank you in advance, additionally if you can recommend me any simpler resources and examples to understand EPPlus on
-reading from Excel
-writing from Excel
-reading charts from Excel

This EPPlus does seem wonderful in its functionality. Just that I am not an experienced programmer and I want to understand it so that I would be capable to use it on my own, rather than applying blind Copy/paste recipes.

Thanks once more.