This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How can I commit my bugfix to EPPlus

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:34 AM
Hi everyone,

I closely work with EPPlus. I have found and fixed a few bugs (~10). For each of those fixes I created a ticket with "howto reproduce" and "howto fix (code)".

I am a bit confused, that those tickets are hanging around for months. Am I doing something wrong? I tryed to ask Jan Källman, he doesn't answer my e-mails.

I am not trying to hurry up the developers. I'm sure thay have a lot to do. I'm just wondering if there is another way to commit my bugfixes?
Dec 14, 2015 at 2:10 PM
Hi, I'm still not loosing hope and commit my changes here.

They are very usefull. I swear :) We process dozens of Excels every day.

I have a Christmas wish:
Dear Santa, please let other people vote for my tickets, so Jan Källman can see my commits. I was working so hard the whole year long!

Yours Ivan
Developer
Dec 26, 2015 at 8:42 AM
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for helping out with bug fixing - we will now start working on a new version of EPPlus.

It would be very helpful if you could submit your bugfixes as a pull request. Then it is much easier for us to review and merge them into the code. If possible - submit unit tests that covers the functionality that you have changed.

Here you can see how to create a pull request: https://codeplex.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Mercurial%20Forks

Cheers,

Mats
Jan 4, 2016 at 3:23 PM
Hi Mats,

thank you for the answer! I will take my time to create the unit tests for the fixes.

It would be very good if our fixes will be awailable in new version of EPPlus, because we wanted to update as soon, as it is out.

Cheers,
Ivan