This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Save As

Feb 2, 2010 at 8:47 PM

One more question.  Is there a Save As option for saving a spreadsheet?  I would like to open a template, populate with data and then save as a different name.  The ideal would be to bring up the Save As dialog box and allow the user to select the name and location.  There may be something already, but if so, I can't find it.  Thanks again for your help.

-Joe

Feb 2, 2010 at 11:24 PM

You can create a new file and open a template from your new file, you dont need to write directly, i think this is your problem. I see two options for u:

1) ask user a filename before process start and open a template file from your new one. ( easy )

2) create a temp file, when finished it, start a event on client side to ask a new filename and fires a serverside event to return that temp file

take a look at sample4 (epplus) or sample3(original excellpackage)

sorry for my english ;p

Feb 3, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Thanks.  Sample4 is exactly what I needed.  I even looked at it yesterday, but I was obviously too tired to recognize what I was looking at.  I shouldn't do anything that requires thinking at the end of the day.